Raijin is a ranged Mage and boy is he fun! Not only is he very mobile because of his 3rd Ability – Thunder Crash, but the utility of the skill mixed with the rest of his kit makes him very deadly!
Thunder is a terrifying element, trembling the very earth with its sound. Herald to storms, accomplice to lightning, thunder is primal, powerful and chaotic. Let this speak, then, of its master, the demon faced God, Raijin, who summons this force with the pounding of his great drums.
Ever in conflict with his equally fearsome brother, Fujin, Master of Wind, Raijin vies for control of the skies above the Realm of the Rising Sun. For mortals, their battles form dramatic storms and devastating tidal waves, but for the brothers, this is just friendly competition; an ongoing tournament to determine the strongest.
Though monstrous in appearance and intimidating in battle, Raijin is generous to his Faithful, clearing the detritus with lightning to leave rice fields all the more fertile. That doesn’t stop parents from warning their children to hide when a storm comes, lest Raijin devour their bellies. Raijin no doubt finds this tale amusing but has yet to actually feast on any toddlers.
War has reached the distant shores of Raijin’s island realm, and for the first time, he has encountered other Gods that claim dominion over lightning, thunder, and the sky itself. Relishing this opportunity to prove dominance, Raijin enters the fray, drums pounding, and his boisterous laugh indistinguishable from rolling thunder.
Passive – Static Crescendo
– Raijin’s drums gather static charges as he fires Basic Attacks and Abilities. When all four drums are charged, his next Ability does additional damage.
1st Ability – Percussive Storm
– Raijin pounds his drums sending forth a peal of thunder in a line, then another, then two at once, each growing wider as it travels. The thunder deals Magical Damage to Enemies it hits, and stops on the first Enemy God in its path.
2nd Ability – Raiju
– Raijin marks a target enemy by dismissing his ally Riaju, who hides in the enemy’s navel. While asleep, Raiju reveals the target to Raijin’s team on the minimap. The next time Raijin damages the target, Raiju awakens and claws his way out, damaging the target and 5 nearby enemies in his attempt to flee.
Dismissing Raiju grants Raijin a single Charge.
3rd Ability – Thunder Crash
– Raijin sends a bolt of lightning crashing down at his ground target location damaging and mesmerizing enemies, while Raijin himself ascends into the sky. Shortly thereafter he crashing down at that location, doing a second burst of damage to all Enemies in the area.
Raijin gains one Charge when he sends the bolt of lightning, and another when he arrives in a crash of thunder.
Ultimate – Taiko Drums
– Raijin flies above the battlefield, beating his drum 4 times to summon peals of thunder. With each hit, he has a choice of three beats:
Beat one: 100% damage.
Beat two: Taunt and 50% Damage.
Beat three: Fear and 50% Damage.
Raijin receives one Charge each time he strikes a drum, for a maximum of four Charges.